Below is the standard information for getting to Queensland Country Bank Stadium, from time to time specific events (such as COVID Safe Events and concerts) will require specific transport information – this will be noted where applicable on the specific event page.
Please check the What’s On page of our website to find specific event information for your event!
2 Pride Close,
Railway Estate QLD 4810
Plan Your Trip
There is a range of transport options available to patrons on both event day and non-event.
Walking is the best way to access the stadium precinct. The precinct is a short walk from the CBD (approx.1.2km), walk via:
- Lowths Bridge (subject to closure on event days) - north of the Stadium
- Little Fletcher Pedestrian Bridge - south of the Stadium
- Reid Park Active Transport Bridge - south of the Stadium
Event Day Taxi and Rideshare
Event Day Drop Off
- Drop off zones are located at Morey Street and Flinders Street
- Road closures and changed traffic conditions will be in place; see the event page for specific event day information
- Please use specified drop off zones
Event Day Parking
Please note there is NO public parking at the venue.
- Townsville CBD Parking - Ample parking is available in the Townsville CBD and surrounding suburbs - please abide by the parking restrictions in suburbs surrounding the stadium for more information visit Council’s website.
Event Day Accessibility Transport
- Patrons who hold an Australian Disability Parking Permit are able to book to use the Queensland Country Bank Stadium Car Park via a pre-booked service, please contact the venue team for more information.
- A dedicated accessibility zone for pick up and drop off is located on Pride Close at the Gate D/E entrance to the stadium (Southern end).
Event Day Coaches and Mini Buses
Pre-booked coach parking is available along Dean St, across from Central Park. Please contact the venue to request a parking permit.
Courtesy and private buses (no larger than 22 seats) are able to drop off in the Dean St Car Park.
Free Event Buses
Pending event requirements there may be free event buses running from the Townsville Showgrounds and through selected Townsville Public Transport routes. Please refer to information for the specific event you require tranport options for through the Whats On tab.
Event Day Road closures and changed traffic conditions
Please note the following changed traffic conditions:
- Lowths Bridge (Rooney Street) will be closed from mid afternoon until 90min after the event; see event specific page for exact timings
- Areas on Saunders Street and Boundary Street around the stadium will be no right turn pre, post and during the event
Please be patient and exercise caution when driving in and around the Stadium precinct pre, post and during events as large numbers of pedestrians will be present and changed traffic conditions will be in place.