GETTING HERE - Elton John
Saturday, 29 Feb 2020 | Gates open 5.00pm.
Please note: the below information is specific to Elton John – transport information for the first Cowboy’s match will be published post the concert
2 Pride Close,
Railway Estate QLD 4810
Plan your trip
There is a range of transport options available to patrons for the Elton John Concert:
Walking is the best way to access the stadium precinct
- Short walk from the CBD (approx.1.2km), South Townsville (approx. 3km) and West End (approx. 3.5km)
- Walk via the Lowths Bridge (closed to traffic from approximately 2pm until 60min after the show and the new Little Fletcher Pedestrian Bridge.
Free Event Buses
Leave the car at home and use one of the FREE event bus routes (free with pre-purchased tickets) which drop off at the Ogden Street Bus Hub (approx. 800m from the Stadium).
- Route 1: Kirwan via Heatley and Currajong
- Route 2: Kirwan via Ross River Road
- Route 3: Belgian Gardens via the Strand
The first bus will depart Kirwan and Belgian at 4.00pm - show your ticket to ride. Visit translink.com.au/Townsville for pick up/drop off locations.
Taxi and Rideshare
- Drop off zones are located at Morey Street and Flinders Street
- Road closures and changed traffic conditions will be in place from mid-afternoon, please utilise the specified drop off zones
Please note there is NO public parking at the venue.
- Townsville CBD Parking - Ample parking is available in the Townsville CBD and surrounding suburbs - please abide by parking restrictions in suburbs surrounding the stadium for more information visit Council’s website
- Reid Park pre-paid Park ‘n’ Walk – Reid Park car parking is pre-paid via Townsville Council (The number of car parks available are limited due to weather conditions). Open from 4.15pm
- Lou Litster Carpark Park ‘n’ Walk – The Lou Litster Car Park is located on Brodie Street (Hermit Park, no entry from Second Ave Railway Estate). The Lou Litster Car Park is FREE for ticket holders and open from 4.15pm. Please note walking distance is approx.1.8km via Boundary Street and the Saunders St pedestrian bridge.
- Dean Street Car Park Park 'n' Walk - For the Elton John concert only, the Townsville City Council will be offering pre-paid booking of car park spaces in Dean Street Car Park (this is a one-off facility due to weather). Please book via Townsville Council here. Dean Street Car Park will be open from 4.15pm
- Townsville Showgrounds FREE Park ‘n’ Ride – The Townsville Showgrounds FREE Park ‘n’ Ride will open at 4.15pm with shuttle buses to commence at 4.30pm. Car park shuttles will run 60min post show – please note cars must be cleared from the Showgrounds prior to midnight on show night (the number of car parks available are limited due to weather conditions. Ticket holders are encouraged to find alternative-near-by parking, where they can legally park and walk to the shuttle bus pick up and drop off point on Kings Rd).
- Please be patient and exercise caution when driving in and around the Stadium precinct pre, post and during events as large numbers of pedestrians will be present and changed traffic conditions will be in place.
Coaches and Mini Buses
- Pre-booked coach parking is available along Dean St, across from Central Park. Please contact the venue to request a parking permit.
- Courtesy and private buses (no larger than 22 seats) are able to drop off in the Dean St car park
Road closures and changed traffic conditions
Please note the following changed traffic conditions:
- Lowths Bridge (Rooney Street) will be closed from 2pm until 60min after the Show
- Areas on Saunders St and Boundray Street around the stadium will be no right turn pre and post show.