Below is the standard information for getting to Queensland Country Bank Stadium, from time to time specific events (such as COVID Safe Events and concerts) will require specific transport information – this will be noted where applicable on the specific event page.
CLICK HERE FOR STATE OF ORIGIN SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Please check the What’s On page of our website to find specific event information for your event!
2 Pride Close,
Railway Estate QLD 4810
Plan Your Trip
There is a range of transport options available to patrons on both event day and non-event.
Walking is the best way to access the stadium precinct. The precinct is a short walk from the CBD (approx.1.2km), walk via:
- Lowths Bridge (subject to closure on event days) - north of the Stadium
- Little Fletcher Pedestrian Bridge - south of the Stadium
- Reid Park Active Transport Bridge - south of the Stadium
Event Day Taxi and Rideshare
Event Day Drop Off
- Drop off zones are located at Morey Street
- Road closures and changed traffic conditions will be in place; see the event page for specific event day information
- Please use specified drop off zones
Event Day Parking
Please note there is NO public parking at the venue.
- Townsville CBD Parking - Ample parking is available in the Townsville CBD and surrounding suburbs. Please ensure you check local parking signage.
- Reid Park Car Park - Make your visit to this event day easy by pre-booking a parking space at Reid Park. Access is via Pit Lane on Saunders Street. Tickets available for purchase by Ticketmaster HERE. Please note that Reid Park parking may not be suitable for guests with accessibility requirements or prams as is not step free.
- Stadium Traffic Restrictions - Townsville City Countil have advised the Stadium Traffic Area will not be implemented for this event.
Event Day Accessibility Transport
- Patrons who hold an Australian Disability Parking Permit are able to book to use the Queensland Country Bank Stadium Car Park via a pre-booked service, please complete the Accessible Parking Application Form HERE.
- Applications submitted after 5pm COB the day prior to match day may not be processed
- Please note only the events with available parking with show on the above form.
- A dedicated accessibility zone for pick up and drop off is located on Pride Close at the Gate D/E entrance to the stadium (Southern end).
Event Day Coaches and Mini Buses
Pre-booked coach parking is available along Dean St, across from Central Park. Please complete the Coach Parking Application Form HERE.
Courtesy and private buses (no larger than 22 seats) are able to drop off in the Dean Street Car Park.
Event Day FREE Park and Ride Shuttles
- Pending event requirements there may be free event buses running from Lou Litster Park (Access is only via Charters Towers Road onto Brodie Street, Hermit Park. Please refer to specific event information via the Whats On tab.
Event Day Road closures and changed traffic conditions
Please note the following changed traffic conditions:
- Lowths Bridge (Rooney Street) will be closed to vehocles from approximatley 2 hours prior to gates open until 90 minutes post event; see event specific page for exact timings
- Areas on Saunders Street and Boundary Street around the stadium will be no right turn pre, post and during the event
Please be patient and exercise caution when driving in and around the Stadium precinct pre, post and during events as large numbers of pedestrians will be present and changed traffic conditions will be in place.