Below is the standard information for getting to Queensland Country Bank Stadium, from time to time specific events (such as COVID Safe Events and concerts) will require specific transport information – this will be noted where applicable on the specific event page. Please check the What’s On page of our website to find the specific event page.
2 Pride Close,
Railway Estate QLD 4810
Plan your trip
There is a range of transport options available to patrons:
Walking is the best way to access the stadium precinct. The precinct is a short walk from the CBD (approx.1.2km), walk via:
- Lowths Bridge (subject to closure on event days) - north of the Stadium
- Little Fletcher Pedestrian Bridge - south of the Stadium
- Reid Park Active Transport Bridge - south of the Stadium
Free Event Buses
Pending event requirements there may be free event buses running from the Townsville Showgrounds and through selected Townsville Public Transport routes. Please refer to information for the specific event you require tranport options for through the Whats On tab.
Taxi and Rideshare
- Drop off zones are located at Morey Street and Flinders Street
- Road closures and changed traffic conditions will be in place from mid-afternoon, please utilise the specified drop off zones
Please note there is NO public parking at the venue.
- Townsville CBD Parking - Ample parking is available in the Townsville CBD and surrounding suburbs - please abide by the new parking restrictions in suburbs surrounding the stadium for more information visit Council’s website
Please be patient and exercise caution when driving in and around the Stadium precinct pre, post and during events as large numbers of pedestrians will be present and changed traffic conditions will be in place.
- Patrons who hold an Australian Disability Parking Permit are able to book to use the Queensland Country Bank Stadium Car Park via a pre-booked service, please contact the venue team for more information.
- A dedicated accessibility zone for pick up and drop off is located on Pride Close at the southern entrance to the stadium.
Coaches and Mini Buses
Pre-booked coach parking is available along Dean St, across from Central Park. Please contact the venue to request a parking permit.
Courtesy and private buses (no larger than 22 seats) are able to drop off in the Dean St Car Park.
Road closures and changed traffic conditions
Please note the following changed traffic conditions:
- Lowths Bridge (Rooney Street) will be closed from mid afternoon until 90min after the event
- Areas on Saunders St and Boundary Street around the stadium will be no right turn pre, post and during the event