INFORMATION FOR LOCALS
As a local you are important to us and we understand that events impact you in a range of ways. So whether you live or work nearby we want to keep you informed about what’s happening at your local Stadium!
STATE OF ORIGIN - GAME 1
Wednesday 9 June 2021
Stadium Corporate Gates Open - 6:00pm
Stadium General Public Gates Open - 6:30pm
Main Game Kick Off - 8:10pm
Event Finishes - 10:00pm (approximatley)
Changed traffic conditions will be in place as follows:
Lowths Bridge – closed to vehicles from 4:30pm
Dean Street Car Park - closed from 12am; Monday 7th May 2021.
Stadium Traffic Area - Activated
GENERAL EVENT TRAFFIC IMPACTS
Typically during sporting fixtures the following changed traffic conditions apply:
- Lowths Bridge is closed to vehicles approximately 2 hours prior to gates opening; until 2 hour post event
- Brodie Street is no left turn from Boundary Street pre and post event
- Morey Street is no right turn from Saunders Street at the end of an event
- Pride Close, Wally Tallis Way, Courage Street and Graham Murray Place are closed to regular traffic (accredited vehicles only)
- Dean Street, from Rooney Street to Palmer Street, and Rooney Street and Morey Street have changed parking conditions pre and post event
- Morey Street is no right turn into Dean Street pre and post event
- Dean Street Car Park will be closed to public parking for the full event day
- An electric scooter exclusion zone will be activated on event day in the immediate Stadium area
STADIUM TRAFFIC AREA & RESIDENT PARKING PERMITS
For some events the Stadium Traffic Area will be activated. When activated the Stadium Traffic Area restricts parking in designated areas surrounding the stadium. The Townsville City Council are responsible for the implementation of the regulated parking permit scheme which allows residents to apply for permits to park as normal. For more information, please visit the council website.
Stadium traffic management arrangements are reviewed regularly and changes are made from time to time. Queensland Country Bank Stadium will endeavour to keep residents as up to date as possible via this website and via our locals update email which you can subscribe to below.
The Stadium operates a noise complain hotline on event days. If you have any concerns, please call our reception on (07) 4722 7700.
If you’re a stadium local and you’d like to be kept up to date with the latest Stadium community information subscribe below.
Subscribe to receive Queensland Country Bank Stadium local impact alerts.