Information for Locals
As a local you are important to us and we understand that events impact you in a range of ways. So whether you live or work nearby we want to keep you informed about what’s happening at your local Stadium! Visit the specific event's information by clicking the WHAT'S ON tab above.
Please subscribe at the bottom of the page; and for each major event we will send an email leading into the event. Make sure you hit YES to marketing and you may possibly receive sneak peek information or receive special offers for subscribing!
- QLD Reds v Hurricanes - Saturday 23rd February 2023
- NQ Cowboys v Canberra Raiders - Saturday 4th March 2023
- NQ Cowboys v New Zealand Warriors - Saturday 18th March 2023
- NQ Cowboys v Gold Coast Titans - Saturday 25th March 2023
- NQ Cowboys v Dolphins - Friday 7th April 2023
- NQ Cowboys v Newcastle Knights - Saturday 22nd April 2023
- QLD Reds v Waratahs - Saturday 6th May 2023
- NQ Cowboys v St George Dragons - Saturday 13th May 2023
- NQ Cowboys v Melbourne Storm - Sunday 4th June 2023
- NQ Cowboys v Penith Panthers - Friday 16th July 2023
- NQ Cowboys v Wests Tigers - Saturday 1st July 2023
- NQ Cowboys v Parramatta Eels - Saturday 22nd July 2023
- NQ Cowboys v Brisbane Broncos - Saturday 5th August 2023
- NQ Cowboys v Cronulla Sharks - Thursday 17th August 2023
GENERAL EVENT TRAFFIC IMPACTS
Typically during major events (i.e. concerts and sporting fixtures) the following changed traffic conditions apply:
- Lowths Bridge is closed to vehicles approximately 2 hours prior to gates opening; and up to 90 minutes post event;
- Brodie Street is no left turn from Boundary Street pre and post event;
- Morey Street is no right turn from Saunders Street at the end of an event;
- Pride Close, Wally Tallis Way, Courage Street and Graham Murray Place are closed to regular traffic (accredited vehicles only)
- Dean Street, from Rooney Street to Palmer Street, and Rooney Street and Morey Street have changed parking conditions pre and post event;
- Morey Street is no right turn into Dean Street pre and post event;
- Dean Street Car Park will be closed to public parking for the full event day; and
- An electric scooter exclusion zone will be activated on event day in the immediate Stadium area.
STADIUM TRAFFIC AREA & RESIDENT PARKING PERMITS
For some events the Stadium Traffic Area will be activated. When activated the Stadium Traffic Area restricts parking in designated areas surrounding the stadium. The Townsville City Council are responsible for the implementation of the regulated parking permit scheme which allows residents to apply for permits to park as normal. For more information, please visit the council website.
Stadium traffic management arrangements are reviewed regularly and changes are made from time to time. Queensland Country Bank Stadium will endeavour to keep residents as up to date as possible via this website and via our locals update email which you can subscribe to below.
The Stadium operates a noise complain hotline on event days. If you have any concerns, please call our reception on (07) 4722 7700.
If you’re a stadium local and you’d like to be kept up to date with the latest Stadium community information subscribe below.
Subscribe to receive Queensland Country Bank Stadium local impact alerts.